Hello friends today i am sharing with you open-source Chat Platform I (Anson) am building from the ground up. To watch the full development process from the beginning, you can check it out up-to-date playlist on YouTube. To see the back-end project, see the Chat Platform NestJS repository.
This is the React project for the open-source Chat Platform I (Anson) am building from the ground up. To watch the full development process from the beginning, please see the up-to-date playlist on YouTube. To see the back-end project, see the Chat Platform NestJS repository.
For any additional questions, you can always stop by my livestream, connect with me on my Discord Server, or follow me Twitter.
Before you try to run this project locally, you must have both the React & NestJS project, as well as a SQL database. I use MySQL, but you can switch to another database like PostgreSQL very easily.
- Clone this repository and install all dependencies.
- Go to Chat Platform NestJS repository and follow all the instructions on setting up the backend.
- Run both projects using the
start:devscript using either
yarn, or whatever package manager you use.
- There is no landing page, the main routes are:
/registerroute to create an account
/loginto login to the app
/conversationsis where all the magic happens
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Under this license, you may not use this project for:
- Commercial Purposes
- Distributing this project after modifying it
- You may not use this without appropriate attribution